When we say safe driving, it doesn’t only mean to save your own life instead, the lives of all other car drivers and pedestrians on the road are in our hands. A properly functioned vehicle coupled with safe driving features ensures a safe and good drive. Sometimes, even a slight malfunctioning of any component of vehicle may cause big serious accidents and spoil your journey. Daytime Running Lights Error is one of those small errors which shouldn’t be ignored if ever occur whilist using car.
Mostly all of Older cars have Daytime Running Lights and Sidelights integrated into the headlight unit, but other have DRL fitted as retrofit and or factory fitted onto bottom of the front bumper, all depends on the car’s specification and model.
What does mean Check Daytime Running Lights Error?
The daytime running lights in short - DRL are basically LED stripes or halo rings (angel eyes for BMW cars) attributed to add a safety feature for all newer cars made after 2010. It helps to increase visibility of your car during sunrise and sunset so that other drivers can see you earlier and better on the road. But these lights may go faulty at any time, which could cause less visibility on the road and technically car is not road legal anymore due to malfunctioning headlamps, which means you aren’t complying with laws.
Usually these lights are turned on with ignition as auto lights function, but for older cars with halogen headlights you will need to turn on side lights and or main (low) beam and when sidelights will be turned on together with them.
When you turn on ignition and warning message pops out on your dashboard saying check left right daytime running lights / sidelights, it means that headlights have malfunctioning component or bulb.
Usually it fails one side per time, but of course it could be a bad luck and both headlamps have malfunction.
This warning message applies to many different brand cars such as Audi Skoda VW Volkswagen Seat Porsche BMW Ford Vauxhall Opel GMC Cadillac Fiat Citroen Peugeot Mercedes-Benz and many other.
Diagnosis of Daytime running lights malfunctioning
It’s always a good to have an exact idea where the problem actually lies or comes from.
Of course the route of cause and the way to fix this error code depends on the car’s model and specification as it might be cheap pound bulb or expensive LED modules or diodes.
• If LED DRL have stopped working on both headlights the same time including other lights, firstly check fuses and wires as It is very rare that all lights fail at the same time and specially on both headlamps
• Second tip is if sidelight bulb has failed check that side’s bulb by pulling it off as it might be just fault halogen bulb, which has failed and needs to be replaced
• If car is made after 2010 and has LED DRL's, when you need to start by checking LED modules also known as ballast, as it is the mostly failing part for DRL system, to check if module has failed just simply change sides, it will save time and money instead of buying new and testing.
• If module isn’t faulty, when the third look for LED diode insert module also known as LED light source, which emits light to daytime running lights.
Sadly, these parts aren’t serviceable or repairable, you’ll need to purchase new parts and replace faulty ones.
Usually these above steps will help you to find why DRLs have failed.
Delphi LED Control and Power modules
VAG group cars such as Audi VW Skoda and Seat are mostly fitted on Delphi brand LED power and control modules for led daytime driving lights and front turn signal.
At xenons4u we can supply these delphi modules or replacement parts.
VAG part numbers:
- 4G0907697A 4G0.907.697.A
- 4G0907397A 4G0.907.397.A
- 4G0907697G 4G0.907.697.G
- 4G0907397F 4G0.907.397.F
- 4G0907397C 4G0.907.397.C
- 4G0.907.397.C 4G0907397
- 4H0907697 4H0.907.697
- 4G0907397H 4G0.907.397.H
- 4G0907697H 4G0.907.697.H
- 4G0907697J 4G0.907.697.J
- 4G0907397J 4G0.907.397.J
- 4G0907397D 4G0.907.397.D
- 4G0907697F 4G0.907.697.F
- 4G0907697D 4G0.907.697.D
Delphi part numbers:
- 28357993 LTM-2TFL
- 28297180 LTM-2TFL,FRA
- 28289815 LTM-1TFL
- 28289813 LTM-2TFL,FRA
- 28297182 LTM-1TFL,FRA
- 28357984 LTM-1TFL
- 28297178 LTM-LL-TFL
- VW Amarok SUV 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- VW Caddy 2K Facelift 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- VW Caddy 2K Second Facelift 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- VW Golf MK7 7 VII Hatchback 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- VW Golf MK7 7 VII Sportsvan 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- VW Transporter T5 Facelift 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- VW Transporter T6 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- VW Caravelle Multivan MK6
- VW Polo MK5 5 V 6C Facelift 2014,2015, 2016, 2017
- VW Sharan 2 7N 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- VW Touran 1T3 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- SEAT Alhambra 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Audi A6 S6 RS6 C7 4G 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 with LED headlights
- Audi A7 S7 RS7 4G 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 with LED headlights
- Audi A7 4G Facelift 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Audi A8 D4 4H 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 with LED headlights
- VW Golf MK7 7 VII 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 with R-Line headlights
- VW Passat B8 Saloon Sedan Estate Variant 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 with Dynamic LED headlights
- Skoda Superb 3T 2013, 2014, 2015
- Audi A7 S7 RS7 4G Sportback 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 with Xenon Headlights
- Lamborghini Aventador 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017
- VW Passat CC 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- VW Scirocco MK3 III 13 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Audi TT TTs MK2 FV 8S 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Lamborghini Aventador 2011
- VW Golf MK7 7 VII 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- VW Passat B8 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- VW Tiguan MK2 II AD1 2016, 2017, 2018
- VW Touran MPV MK2 II 5T1 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Audi A1 8X 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Audi A3 S3 RS3 8V 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 with Xenon Headlights
- Audi A3 8V Facelift 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 with Xenon Headlights
- Audi A4 B8 8K 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Audi A5 8T 8F 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Audi A6 C7 4G 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 with Xenon Headlights
- Audi A6 C7 4G Facelift 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 with Xenon Headlights
- Audi A8 S8 D4 4H 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 with Xenon Headlights
- Audi Q3 8U 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Audi Q3 8U Facelift 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 with Xenon Headlights
- Audi Q5 SQ5 8R LCI Facelift 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Q5 2.0 TFSI, 3.2 FSI, 2.0 TDI, 3.0 TDI Quattro
- VW Touareg 7P5 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Skoda Octavia MK3 3 III 5E and VRS 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Skoda Yeti 5L 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
Where to get new headlamp parts and help to choose correct parts?
If in your case you need just simple halogen sidelight bulb or either LED modules, ballast, LED insert diodes we have got all of them – OEM, Aftermarket replacement, new or used.
Buying at xenons4u.co.uk you can be sure that we will offer something to match your budget.