Mercedes Benz A0009053403 5WK96681C NOX sensor for faulty continental part.
If you have did on-board computer scan after seeing check engline light on the dashboard and your car is showing any of these error codes P229F62 P229FE1 P2202 U029E00 U029E U029D00 U029D, it means that NOX sensor has failed.
It is always recommended to fix this issue as soon as possible to avoid any damages to DPF filter, otherwise diesel particulate matter or soot can clog filter and it will cost you thousands to fix.
NOX stands for Nitrogen Oxide.
NOX sensor NS 0004 ZGS 002 Q 02 is also called oxygen sensor or lambdasonde, lambda zonde sonde.
Error cleaning may be required, but just once after fitting new NOX sensor, it can be done by yourself, no need to visit Mercedes Benz dealer.
5WK96681C sensor fits many different Mercedes-Benz cars such as CLS W218 C Class W204 S204 R Class W251 E Class W212 S212 A207 C207 with DPF filter.
DPF means diesel particulate filter.
What means and does DPF ?
A diesel particulate filter or also known as DPF is a device designed to remove diesel particulate matter or soot from the exhaust gas of a diesel engine, which is located on the exhaust system.
What does nox sensor do ?
A nitrogen oxide sensor in short NOX is high temperature part is used in cars to detect and measure out amount of this compound (nitrogen oxides) coming out of exhaust system to ensure, it is mostly found in diesel cars.
Replacement sensor probe with ballast unit will save you a fortune, solve your NOX problems and you will comply with enviromental emissions laws again.
NOX-Sensor in other languages: Capteur Nox and Sensore De NOX.
Mercedes-Benz dealer will charge you over £500 for a single sensor.
Continental part numbers 5WK96681C and 5WK96681D both are the same will fit and work properly with mercedes car.
NOX sensor errors to identify faulty part:
- U029E00 Lost communication with NOX sensor B
- U029E Lost communication with NOX sensor B
- U029D00 Lost communication with NOX sensor A
- U029D Lost communication with NOX sensor A
- P229F62 bank 1, bank2
- P2202 bank 2, bank2
Mercedes-Benz part numbers:
- A 000 905 34 03
- A 0009053403
Continental part number:
- 5WK9 6681C
A0009053403 part number replaces these:
- 000-905-51-00 A0009055100 - 5WK96681
- 000-905-69-00 A0009056900 - 5WK96681A
- 5WK9 6681B - 5WK96681B
Mercedes Benz compatibility list:
- CLS Class W218 C218
- CLS Class CLS350 CLS400 CLS500 CLS220 CLS250 CDI BlueTec BlueEfficiency
- C Class W204 S204 C204 petrol and diesel engines
- C Class C180, C200, C250, C300, C350, C400 C45 AMG, C63 AMG, C220, C220d BlueTec
- E Class W212 Saloon Sedan
- E Class S212 Estate
- E Class A207 Cabriolet Convertible
- E Class C207 Coupe
- E Class E200, E250, E300, E350, E400, E500, E63 AMG, E220, CDI, CGI, BlueTec
- R Class W251
- S Class W222 2014 2015 2016 2017 S300 S350 S300h Hybrid
Please note: This list is not full, NOX sensor may fit other car models as well, please check provided part numbers, pictures and compare to your old parts.